Saturday 2 July 2011

Going full time

I'm stopping work for the next 6 months to look after our twin daughters. I'm not yet sure what this will mean for the blog or Unangband development: given that I was spending over 20 hours a week commuting, I hope to have some more free time but that may not end up being the case.

If opportunity permits, I'd also like to do something a little more 'experimental'.

You'll undoubtedly see some kind of change over the next few weeks. That should be indicative of whether things have changed for the better (from your point of view) or whether being a full time dad is in fact full time.

4 comments:

tormodh said...

Congratulations. Being a full-time dad is a full time job, though. But it will be worth it.

Best wishes,

Antoine said...

Yay you :)

A.

Doovy Doovster said...

I did the full time dad gig for 9 months after my family moved this past year. My little girl was 2 and we had a blast. Hope you do too man.

Andrew Doull said...

Thanks - it's definitely a full time job; but because my wife is home as well until the end of the month I've been able to sneak in a bit of development and gaming time.